AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all of a sudden my composite runnin to my 52" hitachi wont display...the screen flickers as i refresh through different resolutions on the monitor to get the display fixed...its funny cause the min. i hooked it up to the tv it automatically started displaying in like 800x600...whatever composite is limited too.....

i kinda dont even wanna resolve this situation and go buy a vga cable from radioshack and make a vga to component cable....im pretty sure it would work, as my tv will convert any incomin hd signal to either 1080i or 540p....

my pc is:

hp m7684n pentium core2duo e6400

nvidia 7300le with purevideo and forceware

as well as powerstrip....

does anyone think this will work or not though? ive read that some nvidia cards can convert from y/pb/pr to rgb and all and this pc wasnt exactly cheap...so any advice would be much appreciated...if i had the money i would just buy a new nvidia with a component out dongle....

thanks much though...

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
S-Video and composit tran;smit in the NTSC standard 480i resolution and only trasnmit an image of your desktop normally limited to desktops of 800x600 or less.

You can purshase a RGB component (VGA) to YPrPb component transcoder for about $200. Your best bet is to get a new video card that slupports YPrPb component (commoly called HDTV-Out) in the card specs as comparet to TV-Out which is S-Video.

If you plan on adding a HDTV tuner card somday then I would recommend a 7600GT card from PNY or one of the other vendors whose cards support HDTV-Out (YPrPb component).

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The VGA to component cable or component breakout cable is commonly used for many projectors but not for RPTV's.

The idea is to use the VGA in on the projector from a component source such as a progressive scan dvd player. It's not meant to be used in reverse. For HD signals you need either the transcoder or dongle that's compatible for your Nvidia card from a HTPC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.