AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang , i have a quick question i want to buy the receiver picture below with the composite connections.
http://www.boomspeed.com/mcklein/sonyre.jpg

I have the sony xbr34800 with the composite on the back , now im using one for the xbox, and the other one for my dvd, now i want to installed the hdtv receiver from my cable company(charter) will i loose a signal if i use this inputs on the receiver?? will there be compatible..or no (1080i,hd,480p xbox)

help me please ..thanks:D

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
If thats the Sony 895 or 995 you will be fine....... If it is the 885 or 985 you will loose quality....

Viper

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Viper32
If thats the Sony 895 or 995 you will be fine....... If it is the 885 or 985 you will loose quality....

Viper
Thanks Viper, this one is a sony 895 and in the specs it stays, that the component video bandwith is 80mhz, i planning to run my hd-cable box from charter and my xbox, so im worried about "softening the picture"

thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No problem, but from what I have seen anything over 40 mhz will pass HDTV signals with no noticeable quality loss......... I am using the new Pioneer 912k as of tonight and it has only 40mhz and it shows no signs of quality loss.....

Viper

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Viper32
No problem, but from what I have seen anything over 40 mhz will pass HDTV signals with no noticeable quality loss......... I am using the new Pioneer 912k as of tonight and it has only 40mhz and it shows no signs of quality loss.....

Viper
wow thats great news, i can sleep without worries tonight!

thanks

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.