AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there someway I can convert composite video to component? If there is another forum I should post in please let me know. Thank you.

Calvin

·
Registered
217 Posts
Will work for any tv. You can connect your composite source to the Matrix then on to the tv, or run it into an a/v receiver which I did, then on to your tv from the receiver. The device is simply a transcoder that takes the composite source, and converts it to either S-video or component video.

Call the number on the site and speak to Rob. He is the owner of the company and makes the Matrix V3. he is quite helpful.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What if you ran your Matrix v3 to a scaler and up converter then to your television? Would that work? I mean it converts the signal to 480i and the scaler/upconverter takes it to 480p, 720p or 1080i.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Quote:
What if you ran your Matrix v3 to a scaler and up converter then to your television? Would that work? I mean it converts the signal to 480i and the scaler/upconverter takes it to 480p, 720p or 1080i.
Any scaler worth its salt will have a relatively decent comb filter in it, which is a better option as you avoid an additional A/D, D/A path.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 77haven

Thanks
yubyub is right. In the scenario you state above, you would not need the V3. A scaler/processor is capable of taking any signal input and outputting it scaled via any one of its available outputs. Therefore, a scaler does the same as the V3, plus it adds scaling and processing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.