AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a comprehensive of IR code (rid) files? I'm going to add a

Digiwave DTV5000HD (understand it's the same as Centronics ZAT 502 HD and

RTC DTA1100HD) to my replay 50xx and need the codes. This box supports Clear QAM.

Thanks,

-Chris

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone has made an RID for Digiwave DTV5000HD/Centronics ZAT 502 HD/RTC DTA1100HD, can I get a copy?

Thanks,

-Chris

·
Registered
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatomon
If anyone has made an RID for Digiwave DTV5000HD/Centronics ZAT 502 HD/RTC DTA1100HD, can I get a copy?

Thanks,

-Chris
Chris,

Attached is a file I built from the remote file on the JP1 site. Since I do not have this device I cannot test it. If you install and test it, let me know the results. Once it is verified to work I will post it up on the JP1 files.

Jim

C2030fi.zip 0.3359375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just saw this. I'll give it a try and post a report...

Thanks,

-Chris

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebar /forum/post/19727460

Chris,

Attached is a file I built from the remote file on the JP1 site. Since I do not have this device I cannot test it. If you install and test it, let me know the results. Once it is verified to work I will post it up on the JP1 files.

Jim

I can report that I uploaded this file to my 5040 this morning, and was successfully able to control MAIN Clear QAM channels (i.e. -1 channels) with my RTV IR blaster and CM-7001 by using a guide that provides JUST the characteristic, and not the mantissa of the channel number.

So, I can tune Channel 2.1 by sending 2 + enter.

The code/rid file works. Now I need to trick the RTV to tune the channels I want it to tune.

Cheers!

-Doug

·
Registered
79 Posts
Doug, Did you use the RID for Digiwave DTV5000HD/Centronics ZAT 502 HD/RTC DTA1100HD with your CM-7001? Or was it the RID from the CM-7000?

On the CM-7000, to tune sub channels, sending 561 tunes 56-1, 562 tunes 56-2. Channel numbers less than 10-1 require a leading 0. ie 021 = 2-1, 022 = 2-2.

Tuning sub-channels requires using WiRNS to provide guide data. There is a channel remapping feature that can be used to convert the source guide data. This is configured in a file named remapchan.csv.

remapchan.csv

#FORMAT old_channel,old_callsign,new_channel,new_callsign,include_ch annel,provider

example from mine:

28.1,WCMZDT,281,WCMZDT,TRUE,Howell-HDTV

28.2,WCMZDT2,282,WCMZDT2,TRUE,Howell-HDTV

28.3,WCMZDT3,283,WCMZDT3,TRUE,Howell-HDTV

Jim

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebar
Doug, Did you use the RID for Digiwave DTV5000HD/Centronics ZAT 502 HD/RTC DTA1100HD with your CM-7001? Or was it the RID from the CM-7000?
I used the C2030.rid file attached in your post earlier in this thread. That .rid file works my CM-7001 (which is a twin to the ZAT 502 and others, so I am told.)

Quote:
On the CM-7000, to tune sub channels, sending 561 tunes 56-1, 562 tunes 56-2. Channel numbers less than 10-1 require a leading 0. ie 021 = 2-1, 022 = 2-2.

Tuning sub-channels requires using WiRNS to provide guide data. There is a channel remapping feature that can be used to convert the source guide data. This is configured in a file named remapchan.csv.

remapchan.csv

#FORMAT old_channel,old_callsign,new_channel,new_callsign,include_ch annel,provider

example from mine:

28.1,WCMZDT,281,WCMZDT,TRUE,Howell-HDTV

28.2,WCMZDT2,282,WCMZDT2,TRUE,Howell-HDTV

28.3,WCMZDT3,283,WCMZDT3,TRUE,Howell-HDTV

Jim
While I use the technique you describe above for the RTV I have connected to a CM-7000, the 7001 requires a hash (-) to tune subchannels. However, it does default to the -1 (or lowest -#) when only the characteristic is sent.

Since RTV does not understand a (-), I cannot get it to tune sub-channels other than (-1) without using some creative magic. Like making a custom RID file that makes use of an unused digit (like 6 in my market) for the hash. Then I'd have to create a custom lineup file for tuning subchannels. For example, If I want to tune WPIX-DT4, which is 11.4, I'd have make a remap file that maps 11.4 to 1164.

With my CM-7001, if I want to tune Channel 2.1, I can do the following:

a. 2, -, 1, ENTER

b. 2, ENTER
If I enter 2, 1, ENTER, I will tune channel 21-1.

Cheers!

-Doug

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've played with the DTV5000HD and the RID file seems to work on my limited trials. I've also thought about mapping a digit to '-', although this is quite a hack; this means that any channel with the reused digit would be unavailable and different people would want different digits mapped to '-'.

I was wondering if (1) the '-' button is encoded in the RID, (2) what would happen with wirns if the '-' symbol was put into the remapchan.csv and (3) what would the replaytv do? Is there something along the line that only lets the digits 0-9 through? Do we know?

Just wondering,

-Chris

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatomon /forum/post/20970926

I've played with the DTV5000HD and the RID file seems to work on my limited trials. I've also thought about mapping a digit to '-', although this is quite a hack; this means that any channel with the reused digit would be unavailable and different people would want different digits mapped to '-'.

I was wondering if (1) the '-' button is encoded in the RID, (2) what would happen with wirns if the '-' symbol was put into the remapchan.csv and (3) what would the replaytv do? Is there something along the line that only lets the digits 0-9 through? Do we know?

Just wondering,

-Chris

You could try. I think the experts posted somewhere else that Replays only deal with whole numbers. It doesn't know what a dash / hash / dot is.

You could try... It couldn't hurt. But I am under the impression that if there was a way, we'd all know about it already.

The digits six and eight are almost non-existent in my market for OTA....

Cheers!

-Doug

·
Registered
79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstoffa /forum/post/20969153

I used the C2030.rid file attached in your post earlier in this thread. That .rid file works my CM-7001 (which is a twin to the ZAT 502 and others, so I am told.)

Oh, I didn't expect that. Thought the CM-7001 would have been a CM, but you learn something new each day.

Quote:

I've played with the DTV5000HD and the RID file seems to work on my limited trials.

Thanks, I will add the file on the JP1 site.

Quote:

I've also thought about mapping a digit to '-', although this is quite a hack; this means that any channel with the reused digit would be unavailable and different people would want different digits mapped to '-'.

The RID file has codes for 0-9, enter and power. Not sure why it has the power since there is no way to tell RTV to send it.

Replacing a digit with the - would be the only method I can think of. Just need eleven different files.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i do OTA in Oregon. I use CM-7000's for this. I could use the DTV5000HD with 0 mapped to the "-" signal since this digit doesn't appear here. However, my real interest is when I'm in my home in the Florida Keys. They have ClearQAM channels over the local cable, and the DTV5000HD could tune in these channels (the DTV5000HD only does ATSC-VSB). Of course, then the channel numbers are more complex. A single missing digit may be a real issue. Also, the length of the channel can get too long...

-Chris

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebar /forum/post/20972430

The RID file has codes for 0-9, enter and power. Not sure why it has the power since there is no way to tell RTV to send it.

Not completely true. You can send a power command, but it's useless. The only time a RTV sends "Power" via the IR Blaster is when the box is being set up for use. The RTV asks you to press something on the remote to verify the codeset selected works. It toggles the power on the STB each time you press Ch+ or something.

Quote:
Replacing a digit with the - would be the only method I can think of. Just need eleven different files.

Would be a true Power-Toy.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstoffa /forum/post/20974145

Not completely true. You can send a power command, but it's useless. The only time a RTV sends "Power" via the IR Blaster is when the box is being set up for use. The RTV asks you to press something on the remote to verify the codeset selected works. It toggles the power on the STB each time you press Ch+ or something.

Would be a true Power-Toy.

It would be desirable in the Replay could send "power". "Power" enables / disables the video outputs. the Replay being able to control this would reduce the number of missed recordings. This usually being a toggle makes this more difficult, but the Replay could send "power" if it didn't detect video.

Also, something I would want is a tuner device that recieves clear QAM and that can be controlled by a Replay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts