AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently obtained a Dalite Hi-power screen with the slow roll up option (don't remember the designation, maybe CRS). After viewing it, I noticed some horizontal white lines about every 10 inches in the middle of the screen. At first I thought they were from the projector (L200U) that I just purchased but after trying to adjust them out, realized the lines are in the screen. My guess is that they are caused by the roller or tension mechanism. Has anyone seen this before. The screen is said to have been used one week. I've put it up and rolled it down once. Any thought appreciated. :(

·
Registered
307 Posts
Those lines are one of the problems with the model B. I have a Dalite HCMW screen and those lines are visible and sometimes annoying. I was under the impression that with the HP screens they were not an issue. If they bother you a lot, take it back and trade up to a model C (bigger roller so less likely to have the problem). If they bother you a little, leave the screen down and the lines will eventually go away.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I too have the Hi-Power with CRS.

I have seen these lines after I put down lighting on the screen. I can't see them during a movie or with regular room lighting but do appear once the down lighting (wall wash) is on. They become less noticeable once I leave the screen at the down position for a day or two. I'm planning to leave my screen down every couple of weeks just to keep the marks in check.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! Mine is bad enough that I would be afraid that time wouldn't heal it. Yes, it bothers me a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.