AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presently own a Compro Videomate Gold tuner card. I bought this card about two years ago because of it's ''Power Up'' feature. This feature boots your PC, records a scheduled program and then shuts down the PC when finished. Unfortunately this card only has a softwear encoder and will not work with MCE, Sage TV, etc. Playback quality is equal to the original live picture which I find to be acceptable but a bit soft with occasional diagonal lines.

Compro have come out with a few new models recently including the VideoMate DVB-T300 which can receive both analog and digital signals.

As I'm thinking about diving in to the HTPC thing I would appreciate if anyone could comment on any of the newer models of Compro cards. I would like to know how they measure up(especiallyPQ wise) against Hauppauge and the rest of the pack. I really like the ''Power Up'' feature and unfortunately no other manufacturer appears to offer it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Doesn't anybody have anything to say about Compro products?

I checked out their website and find that they have one of the most innovative product lines out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.