AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back on my quest to use my PC to control my ECP4000. All I have in the rear of the pj is the 1/8" remote in jack. Is this of any use or is it only for a wired remote? Since it is working off a wire, I thought maybe...

If not, I need to find a 9 pin serial input card for the pj. Anybody got one they want to part with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Ah, the elusive hunt for the RS232 port... It might be worth doing some experimenting with your PC's serial port, with a 9pin to 1/4" adapter (you would have to fabricate and figure out the active pins to put into the 1/4" plug), but you should be able to send a serial command to that 1/4" plug... the 1/4" plug module seems to convert serial into IR, and then the IR module actually does the controlling still.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks to Guy Kuo and his discrete power commands, I have my ECP working via the IR port with a Phast automation system, perfectly. The only thing that a serial port may offer over the IR, or the 1/4" serial to IR module, would be PJ feedback.

Jeff and I have been looking for another RS232 port for an ECP for quite a while. Not much success.

Oz

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oz, Jeff sent me some of the codes, but I had to re-format the hard drive and lost them. would you mind sending them to me again? On a 9 pin, pin 5 is ground and pin 2, 3 are send/receive. I have the service manual to verify what pins are what, but I need the codes again if you wouldn't mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.