AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new iMac, and I am in the market for a very good pair of desktop speakers. I mostly listen to music via iTunes; however, I also game. I have searched the web as well as this site, but I haven't been able to find a list of good systems outside of Bose and Klipsch.

Any advice in regard to this question will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Couple of things that are important for us to determine what kind of help to give you.

Most important, what is your budget?

Are you looking for a 2.0 system or a 2.1 system?

Do you have a lot of desktop real estate?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd68
In terms of price my limit is around $500. I also have a decent amour of desk space as well as a good size home office (12x14).
Look at Mackie MR8mk2. $500 for pair with free shipping from several on-line stores.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In terms of the Audioengine speakers, does it make more sense to purchase the passive speakers and then buy the desktop amp, or should I only buy the active speakers?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd68
In terms of the Audioengine speakers, does it make more sense to purchase the passive speakers and then buy the desktop amp, or should I only buy the active speakers?
I believe both will sound the same.

The active speakers are more self contained so less wasted space

Amp+speakers will give you more choice if you want to upgrade the speakers down the road.

I have the amp and it's a great little unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.