AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Promise you won't laugh, I know little about this... and I want to know BEFORE I buy the monitor.

I've seen in many threads that the (or one of the) refresh rate for hdtv is 60Hz. Does this mean that my monitor has to support EXACTLY (or preferably?) 60Hz, or is it the MINIMUM frequency required (or suggested)? I was afraid that if it's not exactly 60Hz it would cause some "desync" (I knew you would laugh ;)).

I'm lurking toward a NEC 22 in. that can do 1600 x 1200 @76Hz

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Dont worry about Hz on computer monitors, most are capable of displaying just about anything you throw at them.

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
Computers have many more output video options than the choice with HDTV which is two.

Today's Multisync monitors will sync to either HDTV signals with no problems.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I plugged my DTC-100 into my KDS-190p just to check this out.. and yep, it works no problem.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have two 19nich monitors neither of which displays a clean signal with the 1080i out of a transcoder attached to a DST3000.

It is not a problem with syncing, its a problem with artifacts. The radius brand monitor has a green ringing effect on the right side which I can't get rid of. I bought a Mag 19 and it has 16 fine white lines 1/4 inch long and 1/2 inch apart in the middle of the display.

Both of these are watchable but neither is perfect. So I would not assume that every monitor is going to work. Also, it may be an issue of the transcoder vs a VGA output on a DTC-100.

Maybe if I spent more than $100 for a monitor??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.