AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking for a new computer monitor. Was wondering if i should just go with a normal 22" TFT LCD monitor, or just buy a HDTV as a monitor? Looking to spend up to $500. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you game or watch hd feeds I wouldn't get a 22 inch they only got 1680 x 1050. For $500 i would look into a nice 24 inch then u will be getting 1920 x 1200.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULcajun /forum/post/0

Hi, looking for a new computer monitor. Was wondering if i should just go with a normal 22" TFT LCD monitor, or just buy a HDTV as a monitor? Looking to spend up to $500. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat, the trouble is, a 22 is SMALL.

Also, the 22's use TN screens, whereas the HDTV panels are a higher grade.

The advantage of the 22 other than price is it will have very sharp TEXT, but it will have no impact for HDTV files IMO.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellis33 /forum/post/0

if this is being used for gaming remember to keep the refresh rate in check! if you go with a 22 lcd monitor check out circuit city right now they have a proview with a 2 ms refresh thats on sale for about 200$!!!!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Provi...oductDetail.do

You're thinking of response time. Refresh rate is something different.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Check out the Olevia 237T. It's very similar to the 537H and I think someone here mentioned that it was going on sale June 3rd at either Target or CC for around 499

1 - 9 of 9 Posts