AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newby question:

Please behr with me as I am coming from a 30yr old stereo background. I have put off "keeping up with the Jones`" untill several weeks ago when I purchased a Denon AVS-4810. I have been reading the manuals, other owner`s conversion manuals and online forums such as this one to somehow catch up with the unbelievable technology I have been putting off. With that said I can not get past how to play music files on my computer thru the 4810 wirelessly?

I have a connection to the router. I can stream internet music stations.

I noticed that my laptop has automatically pulled up the 4810 saying "WINDOWS NEEDS TO INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE FOR YOUR AV SURROUND SOUND RECEIVER". Then options to "LOCATE + INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE, INSERT DISC". Is there software to do this?

I use iTunes on my desktop. Can the laptop run the files on iTunes to the receiver?

At a total loss to getting it connected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Clearly, the Denon receivers are not very 'novice-friendly' - I've been slowly coming to appreciate the details of my 3808 over the last couple years and I'm still far away from expert (though I haven't put a lot of effort into it).

It will take a lot of time reading online, and poring over the manual. Patience is the key here, will take a long while.

this thread should be studied closely:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1160117

and again, the manual will be very useful (though I know it's limited)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have been reading many posts there for the 4810. Just seems like, because of the timelines of ownership, the members there are light years ahead in knowledge and discusions, so it`s hard to get basic questions answered there? I thought I`d try over here to catch someone lower on the learning curve.

Patience, yes. I can see that. Be nice if these threads for all these AV components had 'FUNCTION PROCEEDURES' set up for people to review. They can be modified as members learn more about them. Now anyone looking to set up AUDYSSEY, COMPONENT CONNECTIONS, ZONES, etc, etc, etc..... can go to a PROCEEDURE section and quickly be updated to the how`s and why`s of particular functions.

Amazing what these receivers can do. Just learning the info is the challenge.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts