Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First off I want to say that I have enjoyed this forum and the messages in it. I hope someone will be able to help me with this question....

I have a Pioneer SD-582HD5 HD Ready Display. I use a RCA DTC100 that connectes directly to the DB15 (SVGA style) connector on my display.

What I am wondering is if I can connect a PC up to that connector?? And if so what are the possible resolutions that I can safely display on it??

I would love to be able to play Unreal Touranment on the 58" widescreen display ;)

Also, another quasa related question.. hey I am on a roll.

If I am able to connect my computer to that DB15 jack.. Can I purchase a connector to send my HDTV from the RCA DTC100 to one of the component connections? I am assuming that the component connections can handle HDTV.. correct me if I am wrong..

THANKS in advance for all your help!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good question on direct computer connection.

I have similar TV and am pretty sure you must use input 3 for HD signal. There is a little switch to choose component or VGA connection.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have my HTPC and a DVX8000 hooked up to the VGA connector for progressive DVD and a DTC100 to one of the component connectors through the RCA RGB to component converter - works great. Though I have the Pioneer Elite PRO-510HD I believe the same hookup would work for you.

The computer display adapter has to be set at 480p, 540p or 1080i at 60Hz. Check the Home Theater Computer forum for info http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...?s=&forumid=26

·
Banned
410 Posts
I currently own the SD532-HD5 which is the smaller version of the exact same set.

I presently run my HTPC into my DB15 connector straight from my DTC100 and HTPC via a Belkin KVM switch. As was mentioned you MUST use a RGB->YPrPb transcoder in order to use the DTC100 or a PC into any of the component inputs for HD.

If you want to get a quick thrill of using your PC with your HDTV instead of spending a few days on the HTPC forum figuring out how to get your PC to display HD resolutions you can try this. The only standard resolution that you can connect ANY computer to an HDTV with is standard VGA 640x480. So just set your computer screen resolution to 640x480 (I haven't seen a computer that doesn't support this resolution in years!) and use your monitor cable to connect it to your TV. Make sure you change the resolution BEFORE you connect it to your TV.

The 16:9 aspect ratio of your HDTV will make the picture look stretched and the overscan will probably cut off all the edges. But hey for a quick and dirty peek, this is what you get.

I know it is pathetic, but I now surf the web completely from my living room. I'm sitting on my couch now as I write this. Ahhh, the conveniences of modern technology.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.