AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im new to this forum........and to HD tv itself so forgive me if i say something stupid or post in the wrong spot. Here goes, i already asked this question on another forum and didnt get much help other than being told to come here because this forum is good. I will paste what i posted so i dont have to re-do it all.........can anyone help me?

*****hey guys, im new to this HDTV thing.......was wondering if i could get some help here. I have a p4 2.5, with a g4 ti4400 dvi out........i ran it from the card to the back of my sony 65" HD that i just got this weekend and it works OK but seems like it could be sharper for an HD. My desktop has icons that go off screen, and half my taskbar is hidden. No matter what i set my resolution too, i cant get it right. I kinda read up on this power strip thing but dont know if im reading into what im looking for.

PLEASE PLEASE can someone give me a step by step of how i can do this the right way so i can get the most out of using this for a monitor? (its fun to surf in the living room!)

***this tv is a Sony - KP65WS510 has anyone had luck with this? i want the computer to look good on it, i really just need step by step instructions. Ive read TONS of posts but i am still kinda confused........seems like if i didnt find my specific TV i am not doing something right. I already downloaded powerstrip and after changing a few things around i had a close call with disaster......but i got it back now. I have a yahoo messenger acount and i go by the name meadestyle so if anyone cares to help me in real time that would be good too. Im on the tv here right now so its liveable, just not as clean as it should be....

****thanks in advance to anyone that can at least guide a young "grasshopper" the right direction!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Also lots of info, especially for hooking up specific brands/models of HDTV monitors to PC, at the Rear Projection TV forum.

FYI, I'm using a P4-2.53 to drive a Sony GWII (official model number is something like 60XBR800, at work now so I can't look it up). Works great for DVD. Also have all my music ripped to high bitrate MP3s on there, and of course can use it as any regular PC, surf the net, read E-mail on my TV. It's not quite as sharp as a good computer monitor, but it works pretty well.

-Rob-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.