AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to HD video recording and have a question..I am seriously thinking of buying a Canon HF-100 but not sure if it would suit my needs..My question is once I'm finished recording to the SDHC card, can the information on the card be downloaded to a folder on my computer (PC/XP) for storage, and then uploaded back to the SDHC card at a later date for viewing with friends and family ? If so, can I do this simply by dragging and dropping files to a folder and then dragging and dropping back to the SDHC card at a later time, or do I have to get some special kind of software to accomplish this task..

Went to Circuit "and" Best Buy and not one person there could answer my question..Tks..

·
Registered
393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkirkhum /forum/post/15503256

My question is once I'm finished recording to the SDHC card, can the information on the card be downloaded to a folder on my computer (PC/XP) for storage, and then uploaded back to the SDHC card at a later date for viewing with friends and family ? If so, can I do this simply by dragging and dropping files to a folder and then dragging and dropping back to the SDHC card at a later time, or do I have to get some special kind of software to accomplish this task..

Short answer: yes, it can be done.

It can be achieved two ways. First, you can simply copy the whole SD card including all the directories to your hard disk. And you can copy the whole thing back to SD card to be played back from the camcorder. This is also the fastest way. But it obviously cannot include any edited video.

Second way is to do this through the bundled software. You can upload your edited video back to the camcorder's SD card using USB cable. You connect the USB and use ImageMixer to upload the files. This does take quite a long time to finish the task. And you must connect the AC adapter to the camcorder during the transfer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts