Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

My first post is a question of all things:)

I am somewhat new to the HTPC world and I am having trouble running my PC video through my Sony STR-DA4ES component video input out to my Infocus X1. My goal is to connect both a HDTV tuner and the PC to the component video inputs on the DA4ES and one component video output to the X1 using two VGA to component adapters (one on the X1 from the DA4ES and the other on the PC going to the DA4ES). I have had no luck getting a video signal to pass from the PC to the X1 using the adapters either going through the DA4ES or directly from the PC to the X1 using both adapters and a component cable. Of course the adapter works fine when using my prog scan panny DVD player and a component cable.

Is what I am doing possible? If there is a simpler way to connect two video sources to my X1 through the single VGA port? My PC is a Dell 8100 P4 with a Nvideo Geforce 2 Ultra AGP 64MB and I have my resolution set to 800x600. I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
582 Posts
As you seem to be aware, your receiver can switch component video but not VGA.

Are you using cables with HD15 on one end and 5x BNC or RCA on the other as your VGA-to-component/component-to-VGA video adapters? It doesn't work that way. Read on.

from InFocus FAQ for X1: "Use the optional adaptors available for the X1. ... For a progressive component signal (480p) or HDTV (720p or 1080i), use the Component to VGA adapter (SP-VESA-ADPT). " This adapter would connect from the receiver to the PJ.

Between the HDTV tuner and the receiver, you are probably fine because it all sounds like component video.

Between the PC and the receiver, you will need a Transcoder (VGA->component).

Cheaper solution: Buy a VGA switch (autoswitching is ideal) and a Transcoder (component->VGA) for the HDTV tuner output.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.