AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the best forum for this but here goes...

I copied the Elton John MSG concert DVD to my Nomad Jukebox 3 the other day (I plugged the Nomad into the analog outs my DVD player. Now I've got a 2.5 hour MP3 file I would like to split into the individual songs. I've googled and found a bunch of splitters but I'm not thrilled with any of them for various reasons. I have the MS Plus Digital Media Edition which includes an analog recorder which I found is the easiest to split the MP3 file (I plug my Nomad into the line in of my audio card) but alas it only outputs WMA files and I want MP3.

Can anyone recommended either:

1. A good MP3 splitter, or

2. A better way to get my music DVD's into MP3 files.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike

I spent a chunk of time last night and finally thought it might be running only to find out after a while iit "failed to rip". I was able to use the log file to get through my first couple of problems but the last log entries suggest it died without updating the log.

I really don't know the innards of DVD's (and really don't want to), VOB's, IFO's?? and lots of them. I'm willing to shell out some money for a product that doesn't rely so much on my knowledge :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Search on DVDAUDIORIPPER from DVDtoX

I haven't used it but I do own and use their DVD to Divx product and am very happy with it.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

randy

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
There is another product called DVD Audio Extractor . I used it on the Eagle HFO concert DVD and it worked fine. It gives you several choices for the output format. I tested it with MP3 (it uses LAME).

Jay

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Very high level and simplistic review.

Objective - Create mp3 files from songs on my concert DVD's.

BeSweet: Looks like a techie's dream but this old guys nightmare. Too complex for me. Never did get it to work but I blame me, not the product

DVDtoX: More "me friendly" but it locked up to often.

DVD Audio Extractor: The Winner. Doesn't seem to have a lot of options but does, very easily, what I want. Even though I can use it free for 30 days which would be enough time to run through all my DVD's, I'll buy the product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.