AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to an attached, upper level condo that has an electric fireplace (Lennox) installed on the largest wall of the living room. Because of the room configuration (windows, steps leading to the upstairs, and dining room) it's the only wall that provides enough space for my home theater equipment. My plan has always been to either remove or cover the fireplace and make a solid wall to hang a 60-65" flat panel TV. Has anyone ever done this type of work? Any suggestions or tips for hiding the fireplace? For reference, the mantle is 43" tall and I think that's too high to put a large TV above it. It also wouldn't provide any room for a center channel speaker. I sit about 10' away from the TV now and could move the couch back an additional foot if needed. I've included two pics to show the quality of the mantle/fireplace and it's construction. I'm not concerned with the carpet around the frame since a TV stand would cover it and in a few years I'll probably install hardwood floors. Thanks in advance for the tips or advice on what to do.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
If you never want the fireplace, just get rid of it.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I don't think you'll find a picture of it, but you can just get a TV mount that attaches above the fireplace but positions the TV in front of it. It's dangerous if your fireplace is operational. If you go this route, you should disconnect the fireplace first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.