AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The so called successor to the classic bt878 series chipset, the Conexant CX23881 is now popping up on capture and tuner cards. Do we have any further information on compatability with dScaler? Possibly any early test results on picture quality improvements?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey alot changes in a week in the world of technology!! :)

In a week the dScaler boys could have received a sample, the pixelview cards may have been received by HT owners, reviews could have been posted.

We have had confirmed shipping of the Pixelview card already on the Australian east coast, and my card is due late this week, so yes, I am impatient, but only because Im excited by the possibilities.

The product is out there, its no vapourware, BRING IT ON!

We at AVS are supposed to be ahead of the pack!! :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Where have you seen CX23881 cards IN AUSTRALIA?

T.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A supplier in Sydney tells me the first shipment has been and gone.

Australia gets plenty of technology mate, trust me, I work in Pro AV, you just gotta hunt a bit harder.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dakyman
A supplier in Sydney tells me the first shipment has been and gone.

Australia gets plenty of technology mate, trust me, I work in Pro AV, you just gotta hunt a bit harder.
...and pay a bit more! LOL!

Unless it provides a visual advantage over the venerable BT878, I don't see this as too useful for dscaler to support.

T.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Refer to the post listed above from last week where the dScaler author details the advantages of the new chipset.

As for cost, the Pixelview HD with stereo tuner and remote control costs about $140 Australian, hardly something I would consider expensive!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.