AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to configure control of the individual MUR2EM controllers as groups and if so how can certain ones be grouped together and/or excluded?

Here are 2 scenarios I am trying to address:

1. When using the "All On" feature from a given controller by holding down the Source button, all of the controllers turn on and switch to the chosen source. I would like to exclude the controller for the patio from turning on in this scenario so we are not blasting music outside.

2. I would like to be able to group controllers into, say two groups: one for upstairs, one for downstairs. That way if we know we're only going to be on one floor or the other, we aren't needlessly broadcasting to the other.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyist /forum/post/15541323

Is it possible to configure control of the individual MUR2EM controllers as groups and if so how can certain ones be grouped together and/or excluded?

Here are 2 scenarios I am trying to address:

1. When using the "All On" feature from a given controller by holding down the Source button, all of the controllers turn on and switch to the chosen source. I would like to exclude the controller for the patio from turning on in this scenario so we are not blasting music outside.

2. I would like to be able to group controllers into, say two groups: one for upstairs, one for downstairs. That way if we know we're only going to be on one floor or the other, we aren't needlessly broadcasting to the other.

You cannot subdivide the keypads connected to an individual ADC. But you mention MUR2EM controllers plural. You can setup one R2EM for one group and a second R2EM (connected to another ADC) for another.

For totally flexible dynamic group control, you need to use DigiLinX.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts