AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I e-mailed my reservations request to Widescreen Review for their D-Theater festival a couple of weeks ago (the same day it was announced on their website). The last time I looked at their website it appeared that most of the sessions were now fully booked, but I have not yet received any response to my reservations request. Has anyone else had the same experience? Has anyone received confirmation that they have reservations for the festival?

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I have been confirmed by EMAIL.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Allen. It did help. You motivated me to call their offices. Turns out they had a typo in my e-mail address--I'm in the 6/9 morning session. Hope they are in a position to sell tapes at the time (if not earlier)!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Art, I tried calling back, but the person with whom I had spoken to earlier (Maryellen, very helpful) had left for the day. I left a voicemail message, and if I hear anything I'll let everyone know. My guess is that WSR doesn't yet know what will be available to the general public by June 8th or 9th. As for reporting my experiences at the festival, I bet that by the time I attend the morning session on June 9th, there will already be posts on this forum about the June 8th session!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just read the fine print on the Widescreen Review's D-VHS/D-Theater website. It states that D-Theater tapes will be available for purchase at the festival, "subject to availability."

·
Registered
24,938 Posts
wcp45,

When you get one home give us an AVS forum review! I know this is a sort of grand introduction of the format. Since WSR has been in on a lot of format history, including some wonderful articles on the development of the optical storage technology, this is a big deal for them but it seems late for there to be no place to order these as yet.

Art

·
Registered
155 Posts
There should be plenty of time for questions. There's supposed to be a roundtable discussion after each movie.

·
Registered
376 Posts
One of you lucky guys attending this festival needs to make sure and ask (make that tell) any studio reps present that they had better not even think about downrezzing the analog outputs on our jvc 30k's.

Thanks

G

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.