AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Conflict Denied Ops Demo is up. What do you think?

·
Registered
32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccoli /forum/post/13000232

I played the PS3 demo and the game is pretty bad, don't waste your time downloading it

Should of read this before I had download it. One of the worst demos on 360.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Would anyone care to comment on exactly what is bad about this demo? Seems to have been universally condemned but no one has really explained why.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wow really? I liked it quite a bit. Played it co-op and it was pretty fun. It's completely different from the previous four Conflict games, but that's to be expected since it's just the game formerly known as Crossfire rebranded with a more familiar name. I liked the feel of the LMG, and the heat effect coming off the gun was nice. I'm picking it up.

·
Registered
750 Posts
For me the main appeal of this series was the 4 player co-op. They downed this to 2 player co-op. Another thing I didn't like was that the control doesn't shake when you shoot so you don't get any feedback.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I like the co-op aspect. If you played their last gen games then you won't be surprised with the graphics.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Graphics were average but as a whole I enjoyed the game. Lots of cool lil effects. I really like giving a head shot and watching the blood splatter on the wall ha ha.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay /forum/post/13004016

Would anyone care to comment on exactly what is bad about this demo? Seems to have been universally condemned but no one has really explained why.

Personally, it simply feels like a 2nd rate shooter. The gameplay mechanics (movement, recoil on guns) seem dated and rigid. The graphics of the environment itself aren't bad, but the animation of the characters and their character models look very dated.

It's got some nice effects as jason said, including exploding gas tanks, and portions of the environment that react/will collapse, etc., but it feels like it's all been done before in other games - and in a much better fashion.

I played SP and co-op, and found co-op much funner, but that didn't veil the fact that the game isn't up there with current FPS's. With COD4 out and setting a bar, I feel like FPS games are having a tough time matching that bar, or even coming close to it.

-JR

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
This demo is so-so at best and some aspects are just plain lousy ( IMO ) .

--- Jason

·
Registered
82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket /forum/post/13017358

Personally, it simply feels like a 2nd rate shooter. The gameplay mechanics (movement, recoil on guns) seem dated and rigid. The graphics of the environment itself aren't bad, but the animation of the characters and their character models look very dated.

It's got some nice effects as jason said, including exploding gas tanks, and portions of the environment that react/will collapse, etc., but it feels like it's all been done before in other games - and in a much better fashion.

I played SP and co-op, and found co-op much funner, but that didn't veil the fact that the game isn't up there with current FPS's. With COD4 out and setting a bar, I feel like FPS games are having a tough time matching that bar, or even coming close to it.

-JR

What he said.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I haven't downloaded this one yet but there have been several sub-par FPS demos lately.

I'm not that concerned since I am still enjoying Halo 3 and CoD4. I am also chipping away at AC and ME too.

But still, it is a troubling trend.

·
Registered
19,922 Posts
Guess I am in the minority. LOVED the demo. It moved up to the top of my list. Loved the switchable characters, I loved the special effects. Best grenade smoke in a game since Lost Planet. Rocket launcher is wicked cool, the trail of the rocket and how the rocket does loops to get to the target, impressive looking. Nice weapons, great grenade effect, fun as heck co-op mode, good graphics, not sure what there is not to like. Co-op looks to be a blast, supporting your fellow squad mate with the sniper, etc. Looking forward to this game.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I thought it was ok, but I had some issues (and maybe this is me not knowing the controls) but I had a rifle with a scope, but couldn't figure out to zoom with it. Also there didn't seem to be any "steady" or "look down the sights" mode. Someone earlier mentioned the rocket launcher, but I guess I don't know how to switch weapons. The control layout in the settings say "Y" swaps weapons, but it just seemed to switch firing modes for me.

Also, I guess there's no sprint or jump, but I do like the lean feature.

My final(?) complaint is how your teammate just stands still. I mean, I constantly have to tell him to move up, or he just stands in one spot. I realized this when I was half way through the demo and he was no where around, but was way back at the beginning just standing there.

However, the above does provide some interesting switch character moments. I do like the "fly through the halls" scenes when switching to your other character and they're a long distance away.

Anyways, I do wish the demo was longer, as I felt it was way too short to sway me one way or the other on the game.

·
Registered
19,922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/13023314

I thought it was ok, but I had some issues (and maybe this is me not knowing the controls) but I had a rifle with a scope, but couldn't figure out to zoom with it. Also there didn't seem to be any "steady" or "look down the sights" mode. Someone earlier mentioned the rocket launcher, but I guess I don't know how to switch weapons. The control layout in the settings say "Y" swaps weapons, but it just seemed to switch firing modes for me.

Also, I guess there's no sprint or jump, but I do like the lean feature.

My final(?) complaint is how your teammate just stands still. I mean, I constantly have to tell him to move up, or he just stands in one spot. I realized this when I was half way through the demo and he was no where around, but was way back at the beginning just standing there.

However, the above does provide some interesting switch character moments. I do like the "fly through the halls" scenes when switching to your other character and they're a long distance away.

Anyways, I do wish the demo was longer, as I felt it was way too short to sway me one way or the other on the game.

D-pad zooms once you do the initial zoom on the sniper rifle. It has 3 levels of zoom.

Holding the left trigger is the "down the sights" look to steady things.

Holding the Y button calls up the menu of weapons to pick from, there are multiple weapons.

You have to tell your squad mate what to do, rally on you, stay, go there and provide cover fire, etc. I believe this is the bumper that does this.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR /forum/post/13025659

D-pad zooms once you do the initial zoom on the sniper rifle. It has 3 levels of zoom.

Holding the left trigger is the "down the sights" look to steady things.

Holding the Y button calls up the menu of weapons to pick from, there are multiple weapons.

You have to tell your squad mate what to do, rally on you, stay, go there and provide cover fire, etc. I believe this is the bumper that does this.

Alright I'll try again. My left trigger only told my squad to go to that position and didn't seem to do anything. Maybe I didn't hold it down long enough.

And I only pressed the Y button. Guess I need to hold it down. I feel silly now...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts