Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. Want you input on the following:

There is a parameter for displays that relates to the amount of time the image is mantained after the signal is cut off. I don't remember the name but I'll call it persistence for this discussion.

Aren't the persistence requirements for displays meant for progressive sources different from the ones meant for interlaced ones?

I'd guess that for progressive you'd want a shorter persistence while for interlaced you need more to produce a smoother display?

Thanks in advance.

------------------

Pablo Roufogalis L.

[email protected]
http://www.aretecnica.com/fampg.htm

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have heard of this in relation to older computer monitors. I remember having a choice of buying longer or shorter persistance phosphors in monochrome monitors.

But, I haven't heard of this since the EGA days. I think that when color monitors became standard the refresh rate was high enough that they did not have to use long persistance phosphors anymore to combat flicker.

I'm sure that someone here must know what the refresh rate is for the various ATSC modes (that's what's great about this place; there are people here who actually know this kind of stuff). I would be very surprised if they were low enough to require special phosphors.

Mongo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.