AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Wii not that long ago and would really like to get one of the games that uses musical instruments. I've been looking at Rock Band 3, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Band Bundle), and Band Hero. I can't figure out what to get.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Band Bundle) is the only one that comes with instruments, but the songs on the game don't interest me as much as Band Hero and Rock Band 3. Also, the design of the guitar in Guitar Hero looks like it sucks. The Rock Band 3 instruments seem to be sold separately for around $120 each, which I refuse to pay. For that much I can buy a real electric guitar. Am I missing something, why can't I find instruments in stores or on their websites?

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
OK - as of now, only Guitar Hero gear is available in a "pack" - however, the current Wii GH gear is compatible w/ RB3. You could buy a GH band pack & play RB3 with the instruments.

Btwn the 2 franchises - I suggest Rock Band. More varied setlist - and WAY more additional content available. Plus, RB3 will teach you (for the most part) how to play guitar, drums & keyboards/piano. Just a far better music game experience all around - and RB3 Wii is far & away the most full featured Wii music game yet.

The current RB gear-now made by MadCatz- breaks down like this:

Guitars: standard RB Stratocaster (red, blue or sunburst) - $59.99 ($99 Bass controller also available, but not necessary to play "bass")

"Pro" wireless drums (the 3 cymbals make it "pro") - $129

Wireless keyboard $79.99 - or packed w/ the RB3 disc for around $120.

The $120 guitars are the Pro guitars. Instead of 5 colored fret buttons, the pro guitars have row upon row of buttons representing the 6 strings/17+ fret positions on a "real" guitar. If just now getting into this type of game, skip the pro guitar for now & stick w/ the classic (and cheaper) Strat.

Amazon, Best Buy, WalMart and/or GameStop should have all of this stuff in stock online or in the stores of the latter 3 listed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts