AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm literally loading up my HTPC today! Starting with a Dell XPS machine and adding in tuner cards (1 dualTV from nVidia for SD and 2 Vbox 150's for HD), upgraded video (7950GT) and starting my search for MCE plug-ins that would be useful.

here's my big question. I know that for pure PVR, SageTV is a better product than MCE, but that said, I want to use just one product for streaming DVD's and recording TV. So, here's my question. I've read various threads on the flaky program guide content when using MCE. First off, is this true? Second are there other plugins that circumvent this problem? What about TitanTV or other third party EPG sources for use with MCE?

All experiences with MCE as a pvr and specifically, the reliability and usefulness of EPG's is greatly appreciated!

bradesp

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Well, first I wouldn't say that SageTV is a better product than MCE but that's your choice to make.

Both Sage and Media Center use the exact same EPG data. It comes from Tribune Media Services (Zap2It).

Media Center does have a TitanTV plug-in, but I don't see it really being needed. I'm not sure if Sage does or not.

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.