AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some help.... I've just spent about five grand on my TV, receiver and surround sound setup, so needless to say I want to make sure I keep everything safe and working for years to come. My confusion is on which surge/power protector I should purchase. Ive been researching like crazy and am still confused. You can pick up a seemingly decent surge protector with a crazy 6,000 joules protection rating at Costco for 40 bucks or so.... Or do you get the Monster HTS 1000 MKIII $150 with great protection and features but also offers the "clean power"(dont know if I buy it or not but) which claims to take out any buzzing in your speakers and even at times clean up the picture.... Or do you get something like the Monster HTS 5100MKII $450 @ Amazon, Which also offers the services mentioned above but I believe also keeps the voltage going to your appliances constant as I have read that the voltage from the outlet to your appliances continually fluctuates and over time damages your electronics and also makes sound quality not as good. Hopefully you guys can see why I am confused.... All you experts that know far more than me please help me out so I can get all my coveted precious equipment some protection!! Thank you all for your time!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Costco should be fine, as well as anything from a reputable company like Belkin.

i wouldn't buy Monster with your money

·
Registered
922 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts