AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought S790 and after playing around with it for couple of days I'm still kinda confused and would like to get some answers.

1) What the optimum setting for speakers and SW ?

- Should speakers be setup as "small" or "large" ?

- What is the be the crossover setting ?

2) What be the level for all speakers ?

3) For some reason the subwoofer does not have "punch" like my logitech subwoofer (even though its twice the size). Is there any setting for it (other than the one in the back) ?

4) Every BD movies that i watched so far....the display says "dts and Neo:6". Does it have something to do with BD movies or is that the only way sound is output by Ps3 (through optical cable)

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I have my speakers set for "small" and the crossover at 120. It's what the manual states and I like it there, but you can play around with them until you find settings you like.

DTS is a surround sound format. It's available on both Blu-Ray and regular DVDs (and HD-DVD). It's similar to Dolby Digital in that it's 5.1 channels, although I always thought it was more fuller in sound. Neo 6 is a DTS processing system. Your BD must use DTS as the default, or your settings were adjusted to use it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.