AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started out thinking I will buy the pioneer fs52 and then when I listened to them, they did not sound clear and crisp. So I came to the forum and asked recommendation.


Some suggested, polks, some pioneer and some infinity.


Some said that the pioneers may sound different in your home vs what you heard in the store, same with polks and infinity.


Last night I saw the polk 75t at Newegg for $200 each, but did not buy them because I am still confused, if I should buy these vs the infinity vs the pioneers.


I am coming from HTIB. when I was watching a movie last night, I was thinking this HTIB sounds good, how much better will it get by spending more money.


So, will I be able to hear a clear difference?


and which speakers would be the best bang for the buck. and can I use them later as surround, would that mismatch if the front I get later are different brand?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369  /t/1468391/confused-about-which-speakers-to-buy#post_23206234


I started out thinking I will buy the pioneer fs52 and then when I listened to them, they did not sound clear and crisp. So I came to the forum and asked recommendation.


Some suggested, polks, some pioneer and some infinity.


Some said that the pioneers may sound different in your home vs what you heard in the store, same with polks and infinity.


Last night I saw the polk 75t at Newegg for $200 each, but did not buy them because I am still confused, if I should buy these vs the infinity vs the pioneers.


I am coming from HTIB. when I was watching a movie last night, I was thinking this HTIB sounds good, how much better will it get by spending more money.


So, will I be able to hear a clear difference?


and which speakers would be the best bang for the buck. and can I use them later as surround, would that mismatch if the front I get later are different brand?

Stores/ retailers somehow manage to screw up the sound.


Bring your CD and go back to the store. Make sure you listen in Pure Direct or Direct mode to bypass all Room Correction, EQ, DSP modes for the clearest possible sound.


I've heard great things about those Pioneer so I think the store screwed up the setup somehow.


I used to own Infinity P363 and they sounded crystal clear and detailed. From what I've heard, the Pioneer should sound at least as good as the Infinity.


If the store has a 30 day return policy, take those Pioneer home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369  /t/1468391/confused-about-which-speakers-to-buy#post_23210637


Well, wife also liked how the polks sounded and looked, so I guess polk it is.

which center go with the polk 75t?

Then definitely go with it. And then be sure to commend her on that choice when listening to your new setup. Many guys don't work hard enough at getting their wives into good audio. If you can make them part of the "hobby," helps out next time you want to upgrade



Get the Monitor 25C. It has the large drivers to better match the 75T than the smaller center Polk has. Will give you a better front sound stage: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290274
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I saw a few videos on youtube for the KEF Q900 and Q300 and even on you tube they sound amazing.


Now only if these could cost a little less. Would I a regular person coming from a HTIB be able to appreciate these speakers as much a s a hardcore audiophile?


Is the extra money worth it?


The only other concern is, on youtube the videos were all music, but I would be using it 70% for movies, does that matter. Maybe these are good speakers for music and not movies. can someone confirm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Anyone can appreciate better sound. You need to determine how much of a difference you can hear. I assume that the KEF's are significantly above your initial budget so before you invest the money you should listen to them. There would be nothing worse then spending all of that money and realizing that it wasnt worth it. What kind of sub are you running as well? Because a good sub makes a big difference in home theatre.


Whichever speakers you choose I want you to compare the sound quality side by side and see what you think
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,705 Posts
YouTube is not useful for evaluating speakers. Best to make your decision based on other information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1468391/confused-about-which-speakers-to-buy#post_23219545


YouTube is not useful for evaluating speakers. Best to make your decision based on other information.

I know they are not, but if there is no way to listen to them, then you will have to make a call based on whatever way you can get to listen to them.


I saw the KEF C7 on accessories4less.com for $450 a pair. close to $400 that I was planning on the polk monitor 75T.


Any suggestions as to which way to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,705 Posts
YouTube videos do not give you any accurate information about how the speakers will sound. They really are useless. Well, except maybe for this video. It definitely helps you to learn something about these subwoofers:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1468391/confused-about-which-speakers-to-buy#post_23219601


YouTube videos do not give you any accurate information about how the speakers will sound. They really are useless. Well, except maybe for this video. It definitely helps you to learn something about these subwoofers:



Nice video...



What do you guys think of the KEF Q300 vs the Polk RTI A7 or A9?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top