Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

I have had a one-room DirectV system since they bought PrimeStar. Just last week I had two more rooms setup, the main room with a DVR Receiver. The installer said hey now you will only need an upgraded dish to go HD. I have been planning on getting a new HD ready Samsung DLP, but I see that the HD DVR that all the stores sell is completely different (and more expensive) and my current box has no place for a HDMI(?) cable. So help a fellow out. What do I need to do HD with my current setup.

New Sansung 42" DLP

DirectV DVR R10 Receiver

I know the dish needs upgraded.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Call up DirecTV and order the HR10-250 (HD DirecTivo) through them. There are a bunch of threads about the current deals at the Tivo Community in the HD Tivo section. When ordering, let the CSR know that your dish will need to be upgraded to the Phase III model. I would not order your antenna through them though. That's a little more complicated. You can find suggestions here in the Local HDTV section. Just look for your TV market thread.

-Robert

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
yup the hr10-250 is $299 through direct tv customer retention department and you can get a $100 mail in rebate, they come and install it and if needed like in your case they install the phase 3 dish also. sweet deal. the hr10-250 has hdmi, hdmi to div cable and component so should work fine with your sammy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just got this receiver installed.

aside from the DTV guy damaging my phone lines .... its in and working (he could only get the new line he installed behind the tv to work,, have an appointment next week for a repair)

anyways so far i love it as its my first tivo...but everything loads so slow

like if i press guide it takes like 5 seconds for the shows to fill in on the grid.....is that normal?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
The Tivo style guide is faster than the default grid guide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.