AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Da Lite ( www.dalite.com ) electrical screen spec and would like to know which screen to buy. For HT projection, what kind of screen would be best ? Da Lite has Da Mat, High Contrast Da Mat, and Cinema Vision... Do I presume correctly that it is best for me to buy the Cinema Vision Screen ?

·
Registered
842 Posts
All depends on witch type of projector you own! If you are like me with a 3000 lumens projector, I would say go for it. I recently purchased a high contrast da-mat from da-lite and I love it. also my projector has 400.1 contrast ratio, using with HC screen the blacks are beautiful and the colers are much more reacher then of a regular mate-white. I had before a 2200 lumens and 1100 lumens witch I used with a mate-white da-lite and with my experience I would keep it using because you end up loosing brightness with HC.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I just got done hanging my new Da-Lite screen, and while IT DEPENDS ON THE PROJECTOR, here's what I will (eventually) mate with either an LCD or DLP projector (most likely a DLP):

-HC Tensioned Cosmopolitan Electrol (.8 gain)

-45" x 80" (HDTV format)

-Extra 12" of drop (total of 24")

-Added the remote IR remote control package (includes LVC)

This was a custom job because of the extra drop, and Da-Lite delivered an excellent screen in a timely manner.

I can't wait to check-out some projectors!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to add that I will be using a SIM HT250 and the screen size is 69 x 92. Since this screen will be in the living room, I will not have complete darkness. The goal is to get a price/quality screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.