AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want a good ol' fashion matte white surface. what's the brightest, purest, whitest white paint? (but with no extra gain)

thanks

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
BEHR Ultra Pure White in flat finish

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
The Behr Sheen Experiments revealed that the UPW Flat Enamel #1850 or the Exterior UPW Ultra #4850 were superior to the basic flat Behr UPW #1050.

The 1850 does not level out as well as the exterior ULTRA. On the other hand some people are concerned about using an exterior paint indoors. In general it is not recommended that you use exterior paints to paint the interior of your home. A typical screen only represents and area of about 40 square feet so I'm not so sure that recommendation is valid in this case. I contacted Behr and they told me the 4850 is safe to use indoors.

If you have access to Lowes I would recommend that you use the Valspar Flat Enamel Ultra White. It is a very smooth paint that levels out like an oil base paint.

Also take a look at the Basic Roller Painting Instructions in the Beginner's Guide.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ====== /forum/post/14215287

so would you recommend the valspar over the behr exterior ultra?

thanks

If you have access to Lowes then yes I would suggest you go with the Valspar Flat Enamel. If Home Depot is easier to get to then go with the Behr Exterior Ultra 4850.

·
Registered
333 Posts
What is a Wal-mart equivalent?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts