AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to have all integrated remote set up, where I could tell google assistant to "turn on /off theater" or to set up harmony activity to turn on or off theater.
I thought it was as simple as adding all these devices to harmony activity, but I'm getting super confused with so many options claiming they are the hub to automation... Also some devices like p1 isn't even supported in harmony...

Do thought I would ask here. What the heck do I need to do to connect and automate all these devices?

Equipments I have:
Nvidia shield (added to harmony)
Denon 3600 (added to harmony)
Outlaw 7000
Vividstorm floor rising screen
Optoma p1 (cannot be added to harmony)
Google home mini
Harmony elite
Philips hue

·
Registered
898 Posts
Have you created "activities", ie "watch TV", etc.?
I have the Google mini and it works reasonably well...when I say "hey Google turn on watch tv" it does, etc.
It also will pause, lower/raise volume, etc. as well as "turn of tv".
If a device isn't listed you can try adding the device by using its' remote to talk directly with the Harmony remote. The Harmony site shows how to do it. Same with adding a control.
Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have you created "activities", ie "watch TV", etc.?
I have the Google mini and it works reasonably well...when I say "hey Google turn on watch tv" it does, etc.
It also will pause, lower/raise volume, etc. as well as "turn of tv".
If a device isn't listed you can try adding the device by using its' remote to talk directly with the Harmony remote. The Harmony site shows how to do it. Same with adding a control.
Good luck and keep us informed.
I tried, but for some reason, optima P1's remote just wont get added to Harmony...

Also just curious, for any lights, did you add to google home as well as harmony? Or they're added to harmony, and harmony is added to google home?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I tried, but for some reason, optima P1's remote just wont get added to Harmony...

Also just curious, for any lights, did you add to google home as well as harmony? Or they're added to harmony, and harmony is added to google home?
I haven't used any lights yet...reviews are up and down...costs are a bit to high and my one light in the HT area is a ceiling fan/light combo which I use a slider control. No one offers a wifi wall switch/slider that controls both fan and light.
I use the Google home mini just to turn on the TV and not all the time for that. My Harmony remote is just as easy to use.
I got the mini for free. I had an Alexa, one of the first gen, and it just didn't work so I returned it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im trying to have all integrated remote set up, where I could tell google assistant to "turn on /off theater" or to set up harmony activity to turn on or off theater.
I thought it was as simple as adding all these devices to harmony activity, but I'm getting super confused with so many options claiming they are the hub to automation... Also some devices like p1 isn't even supported in harmony...

Do thought I would ask here. What the heck do I need to do to connect and automate all these devices?

Equipments I have:
Nvidia shield (added to harmony)
Denon 3600 (added to harmony)
Outlaw 7000
Vividstorm floor rising screen
Optoma p1 (cannot be added to harmony)
Google home mini
Harmony elite
Philips hue

HI, can i know what device you used to connect the Vividstorm floor rising screen to google home? i have the same screen but i dont know how to do it :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts