AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I think I must be in overload after reading a ton of posts again. A nice, simple answer would be great.. :D

After a couple of years of reading, I've finally broken down and actually put together my HTPC and have it hooked up to my TV. I have powerstrip installed and I'm connected to my 65" RPTV (Toshiba TW65H80) via a Key Digital transcoder.

I used Karnis's guide to input all the resolutions in according to how he has them listed.

I'm using a Radeon 9800 Pro and the latest Catalyst (3.7) and Powerstrip version.

I've got the resolution set a 720x480 at 563 lines of resolutions as specified in Karnis's guide.

Now for the question.. :)

What resolution should I be running out to watch DVD's?

What resolution should my desktop be running if I'm doing other things.

What resolution to run Main Lobby in?

Are they different resolutions? Do I lock it in at one resolution? If I need to switch on the fly where do I start?

Thanks for the help...

Josh

·
Registered
647 Posts
What resolution should I be running out to watch DVD's? I run 540p on my toshiba, some people do 1080i

What resolution should my desktop be running if I'm doing other things. 540p will give you the most readable text

Are they different resolutions? Do I lock it in at one resolution? If I need to switch on the fly where do I start? Use PowerStrip

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi Josh,

I'm using 848x480 on my desktop.

1800x540p for DVD's. I adjust the aspect ratio in TheaterTek. Also, I set up TT to automatically switch to my DVD resolution and it will switch back to my desktop when I exit the interface...sweet!

Powerstrip and ffdshow are the tools I use on my 56" Tosh.

peace out-

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the TW65H80 and not the newer 65H80 which you might be thinking of.

My powerstrip settings are the ones in Karnis's post - Tagged on the front page of this forum.

Josh

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JoshFink
I'm using a Radeon 9800 Pro and the latest Catalyst (3.7) and Powerstrip version.
Isn't the latest Catalyst version 3.10?

CJ

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Lloyd
Hi Josh,

What timings did you end up using? Are you experiencing any overscan?

Thanks.
All real projection TV's have overscan, use TheaterTek, or Zoomplayer to adjust the image.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.