AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have onkyo 805 with kef2.5 speakers with panasonic bd 10a and toshiba a30.Just picked up samsung 5000.am i getting all the audio tracks from the panny and toshiba or should i keep the samsung i picked up for 325 or get a different player in that price range.Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
You have the Panasonic 10a but don't know what it's capable of? Did you read the manual? Tell us what you think are the capabilities of each machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted to know if the onkyo is decoding dts ma and true hd from the panny and toshiba or do i need the samsung to get those audio tracks.

·
Registered
575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets /forum/post/14201111

I have onkyo 805 with kef2.5 speakers with panasonic bd 10a and toshiba a30.Just picked up samsung 5000.am i getting all the audio tracks from the panny and toshiba or should i keep the samsung i picked up for 325 or get a different player in that price range.Thanks for any help.

nyjets, sorry to tell you but none of your players will do DTS MA bitstream or decode if thats what your main question is..? The 10a is a good unit. the 5000 samsung you just acquired is a newer HDMI v1.3 model the 10a is only v1.1. Samsung has or its still on its way a 5500 model that will bitstream DTS MA.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts