AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I received the speaker above for Christmas.  I'm currently using it to play music from my Iphone, but would also like to use the aux port to connect it to my TV (Samsung UN50EH5000 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV).  I've connected the audio out line from the tv into the aux input on the speaker.  The issue I'm having is that there is no way to control the volume with a remote (only by the buttons on the speaker, tv remote will not control the volume after the setting is switched to aux line out).  I was wondering if there was a way to connect a remote (USB port?)/buy an aux audio line with a remote/ or some other way to use this speaker in the manner I've mentioned.  I'm not much of an audio guy, I don't have a receiver and have no idea what may work.  The sound is much better than the tv's embedded speakers, but the no remote issue is a deal breaker.  I also can't return the speaker since it's a Christmas gift from my wife.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyIvan14  /t/1509379/connect-bose-soundlink-bluetooth-speaker-ii-to-a-tv#post_24152000

I received the speaker above for Christmas.  I'm currently using it to play music from my Iphone, but would also like to use the aux port to connect it to my TV (Samsung UN50EH5000 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV).  I've connected the audio out line from the tv into the aux input on the speaker.  The issue I'm having is that there is no way to control the volume with a remote (only by the buttons on the speaker, tv remote will not control the volume after the setting is switched to aux line out).  I was wondering if there was a way to connect a remote (USB port?)/buy an aux audio line with a remote/ or some other way to use this speaker in the manner I've mentioned.  I'm not much of an audio guy, I don't have a receiver and have no idea what may work.  The sound is much better than the tv's embedded speakers, but the no remote issue is a deal breaker.  I also can't return the speaker since it's a Christmas gift from my wife.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

On the TV audio menu there would need to be a setting to have the audio

Coming out of the TV set to "variable" currently the audio signal is at a

"Fixed" volume. This is why you can't control the

Volume with the tv remote.

Unfortunately when I glanced thru the owners manual the is no setting to change this. Sorry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blue tooth splitter

I was told that I can get a Blue Tooth splitter to plug into the TV. It seems to me that you would use the Sound Link to control the volume. I am going to get one and try it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts