AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If you want stereo sound and better picture quality on both sets, and don't mind running extra cables and your receiver has two sets of composite a/v outs, you could run it that way too.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
If you want stereo sound and better picture quality on both sets, and don't mind running extra cables and your receiver has two sets of composite a/v outs, you could run it that way too.
Or one set connected each way (one A/V and the other from the STB output), for that matter! :)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
True :)

But if you really want to get dirty, you can hook up to 4 TVs up with one box and no splitters. 2 (or 1, if there only 1 set) with composite A/V, 1 with svideo and toslink (provided there's on A/V receiver in the picture) and one with RF coax.

But your solution would be the best, since one run of coax is cheaper and easier then three (with RCA adapters).

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
True :)

But if you really want to get dirty, you can hook up to 4 TVs up with one box and no splitters. 2 (or 1, if there only 1 set) with composite A/V, 1 with svideo and toslink (provided there's on A/V receiver in the picture) and one with RF coax.

But your solution would be the best, since one run of coax is cheaper and easier then three (with RCA adapters).
Now if my UTV remote would only do a decent job of going through walls, I could hook all the rooms in the house to the same receiver.

But since I have 3 providers, the wiring for all receivers distributed to each set would be a royal pain (but possible). That's what I call "getting dirty." :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by restart88
Now if my UTV remote would only do a decent job of going through walls, I could hook all the rooms in the house to the same receiver.

But since I have 3 providers, the wiring for all receivers distributed to each set would be a royal pain (but possible). That's what I call "getting dirty." :)
I have used a multi-room distribution system from "ChannelPlus" for years. Couldn't do without it. The "low end" unit takes inputs from any two a'v sources (eg. 2 sat. services - like i have; or 1 sat and 1 DVD etc.) and sends them to 6 sets we have around the house. It sends out signals on two unused channels of your choosing. You can use a universal remote from any of the remote TV sets to send IR signals back down thru the ChannelPlus box which passes on the IR signals to the units you want to control. In addition, the system passes thru cable or OTA signals, untouched. The base units only pass on mono sound. There are fancier models that do pass on stereo and also can handle more a/v input sources.

...mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did it the easy way. Just ran a coax cable from the tv out on the 4900 to the extra tv. The tv by the 4900 is connected via the s-video. I then use the RF remote in the room were the second tv is and a regular remote in the room were the 4900 is. Since we never watch these TVs at the same time it works great.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by snidely
I have used a multi-room distribution system from "ChannelPlus" for years. Couldn't do without it.
I've considered something on that order. But for the moment, my setup suits my needs. But thanks for the info.!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.