AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just got my parts together and built a htpc, right now i am in software setup stage. I want to connect my HTPC to TV using HDMI cable. i was supplied with the dvi to hdmi adapter and my tv is full HD. i also have a HDMI cable. Now i want to keep this as my permanent connection as in my primary one, like the vga connection displays from the time computer is ON till its in Windows.

I was suggest by someone that you should take the vga cable out(existing connection) and replace with hdmi connection -> shut down -> flick to hdmi input selection on tv first -> start computer and it should works exactly like it does with VGA but tv is blank!.

I am attaching the manual page refering to resolutions supported because it doesnt make sense to me,

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a little bit hit and miss to start with, however once you get is sorted it will work every time.

Set the PC resolution to something like 1024x768 with the DSub cable connected to the TV. Shut down the PC first, then connect the DVI>HDMI cable. Start up the PC with the TV on HDMI input, and you should be sweet.

You can then max out the resolution on the PC to match the TV.

See how you go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyblues /forum/post/14316460

It's a little bit hit and miss to start with, however once you get is sorted it will work every time.

Set the PC resolution to something like 1024x768 with the DSub cable connected to the TV. Shut down the PC first, then connect the DVI>HDMI cable. Start up the PC with the TV on HDMI input, and you should be sweet.

You can then max out the resolution on the PC to match the TV.

See how you go.

i tried that, one question is do i replace the dsub with dvi>HDMI or put it in other socket leaving the dsub still connected?.

one thing i noticed is the resolution set in Nvidia display manager is difference from windows display properties. is that a worry?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts