AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this link in a message from TVbarn. Has this been discussed here before?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have never heard of that program, but I have heard of Omniremote, which turns a palm into a programmable remote. Of course some older palm models didn't have very powerful IR transmitters.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Now we just need a Palm program that can check poopli.com for show requests and then automatically tell the Replay to send them. There are probably refurb palms with IR for like $40... but ones with network access are gonna be more... hmm...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would seem to me that automating show requestes could be done by some kind of software on another computer (something like the RTV Remote Commander program) much easier than trying to program an IR device to do it. Maybe the "double select bug" prevents this. I haven't looked into it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Rod
Here is a link to the best PDA remote program on the web. You will find no better..............
http://www.pdawin.com/
That does look like interesting software. Does it download a set of TV listings to tell you what's currently on?

I guess that really wouldn't be necessary since ReplayTV does that for us already.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Rod
Here is a link to the best PDA remote program on the web. You will find no better..............
http://www.pdawin.com/
Hey! Just by coincidence I downloaded this program for my Hitachi G1000 last night (and I didn't even see your post). My dogs got a hold of my reciever remote and cracked it in half. Needless to say there was no way for me to use a "learn" function to program a new remote (or PDA program). This program has 4000 profiles available for download and the editing software was easy to use (and free). My G1000 will control my stereo from across the room now. Very cool. Plus it supports macros... I can think of quite a fe cool things to do with that :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Now if you really like to go wild with this software run it in CCF mode. You need to download files if you don't know how to write your own. You can use Pronto Pro Edit to do your own CCF files. You can also DL many ready to go CCFs at remotecentral.com.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.