AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Actually I picked up WHPX-DT a few nights ago here in the city.

The channel auto scan to 24-1, right behind the analog PAX 24.

PAX digital

with no high definition content

·
Registered
181 Posts
I called them up on Monday and they are transmitting at 5k only. They also only light up the transmitters during primetime. From Southington I can not pick up the digital signal. THe analog channel 26 comes in snowy at best for me. I think Harican above might be picking up WNYE-DT in NYC which is channel 24DT

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark,

I'm about 5 miles from Southington so I doubt I'll get it with my crappy litttle antenna. I'll try a rescan tonight during primetime anyway.

Sort of aggravating that piddly little PAX gets on line before NBC and FOX. Then again if the people in my town would let the tower go up all would be well!

Thanks,

Ralph

·
Registered
125 Posts
I noticed WHPX was on the air a couple of night ago. I'm right across the river from New London so it comes in fine for me, digital and analog. The digital picture did not appear to be much better than their analog picture (using WTNH's upconverted picture for comparison) but I didn't watch for very long.

I haven't found any shows yet on that station that I'd want to watch but at least now my wife believes me that not all digital channels break-up the way WTNH does for us.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty much done talking about PAX-DT but I just have to point out McD's phenomenal Huskies Hoops website!

Awesome!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Im located on the North Shore of Long Island,

in Kings Park, and I'm getting a Signal Lock

presently at 9pm on Sunday.

Picture size : 704 x 480

Aspect ratio : 4:3

Frame rate : 29

·
Registered
21 Posts
This station is only posting at 5k?? That seems strange because the signal is absolutely PEGGED on my Hughes E86. Comes in at between 93-100. I'm in Tolland, so I think I'm further away than some of the other posters.

Since WHPX-DT has come online my other DTV signals have not been as stable. Not to mention the color saturation on their signal! D'oh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.