AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be using a pro scan DVDs player along with a HDTV receiver with component outputs both entering my Denon 2802 for video signal switching and then going to the pioneer video card correct? i see that the monitor or the video card does no allow component inputs , is the the wire i will need to use http://www.a2zcables.com/isroot/Stor...ges/AC3H-3.GIF and will i be able to get HDTV signals with this kind of input? 720i 1080i? thanks for all your help

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5002 video card? I can honestly say the more I learn the dumber i feel :rolleyes: lol thanks for you help.. will this cable allow 1080i HD ? and 480i ? for normal sat signals? I'm trying to keep the input the the screen simple, just one set of cables and power. I want the denon receiver to do all the switching and send the component signal to the screen will this screen allow that , i also have a xbox that i will be connecting via Svideo so that would make 2 video sources going to the screen , i think it would be better i i knew what exactly this card does. but with all this information i have in my head right now.. it would take me a day to get it straight., if you have a min please break this down for me

·
Registered
979 Posts
You must have the 5002 card to display anything other than a computer display. The cable will allow for 1080i, 480i, 480p, 720p - everything. I assume your satellite receiver has a component output to go to the Denon. Your receiver should be able to handle it all.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Be aware the Denon 2802's bandwidth may reduce the quality of a HD component video signal, its OK for progressive DVD which uses lower bandwidth. A direct connection to the plasma from the HD STB would be better. The Pioneer has two available RGB/component inputs.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Actually, what I would do is get a VGA "breakout" cable that has a standard, PC-type, VGA connector (15-pin D-sub mini...) on one end and BNC connectors on the other. Using readily available BNC-RCA adapters (from RS. BB, etc.), connect the VGA connector end into Input 1 on the panel and the BNC/RCA end into your Denon receiver.

Then you can get the HD component cable for the Xbox and use 3 RCA-BNC adapters to connect it to Input 2. There are several HD games out now and more to come. I've got my son's Xbox setup this way and I now I have to fight him for the plasma remote! I must say, some of the graphics are pretty amazing.

-- Gary

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by GGoodrum
Actually, what I would do is get a VGA "breakout" cable that has a standard, PC-type, VGA connector (15-pin D-sub mini...) on one end and BNC connectors on the other. Using readily available BNC-RCA adapters (from RS. BB, etc.), connect the VGA connector end into Input 1 on the panel and the BNC/RCA end into your Denon receiver.

Then you can get the HD component cable for the Xbox and use 3 RCA-BNC adapters to connect it to Input 2. There are several HD games out now and more to come. I've got my son's Xbox setup this way and I now I have to fight him for the plasma remote! I must say, some of the graphics are pretty amazing.

-- Gary
so this is the cable i would need to get into my denon receiver for optimal picture? http://www.a2zcables.com/isroot/Stor...es/ACHD1-3.GIF

and the other end to the monitor correct? and as for the xbox i should go with this one to get component to BNC input on the screen right http://www.a2zcables.com/isroot/Stor...ges/AC3H-3.GIF now will my screen automatically recognize what where i have a signal coming in and play it or will I have to turn that on through remote before viewing, also are those cables pictured any good , never heard of the brand till last night when i was going through some old threads and someone recommended A2Z cables? thanks again.. I'm sorry to be asking a million questions i just don't want to dump my money being not educated like i did on my GATEWAY plasma , thanks again :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Jay --

Those will definitely do the trick! For the Xbox, you will need three RCA female-female adapters (available at RS...), as the HD Xox cable has RCA male connectors, unless you can get the above cable with female RCA connectors.

-- Gary

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what i have is AR pro component cables male to male so those will go from sources to the denon and i will need a male r rca jack component to a 3 male BNC cable to get to the monitor correct? the monitor does have female inputs on board ? and i will be doing the xbox s video for now.. that cable i have :D so all i really need 1 set of cables described above http://www.a2zcables.com/isroot/Stor...ges/AC3H-3.GIF

\\

this is the last one :D promise thanks a million.. i just want to be sure I have all necessary cables when it arrives at the door

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The cable shown will be just fine. I'm not sure about which BNC "ends" are male and which are female, but the ones in the picture above will definitely work with Input 2 on the plasma.

-- Gary

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
The BNC ends on the cable shown above are considered male, since they correspond to plugs. The BNC connectors on the panel are considered female since they are sockets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.