Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a little advice.

here is my setup: directv triple lnb dish w/2 coax cables inputting hdvr2 tivo receiver w/ tivo connected to tv via component video cables. another cable from dish ready to connect to sat 520 receiver will connect to tv via component cables. cable tv direct connected to tv. dvd player connected to tv via s-video cables. vcr connected to tv via composite cables.

i have 2 questions.

1) would it be better to connect the tivo using s-video cables and connect the dvd player with the component cables. the xbr doesn't have rgb or dvi input and only 2 component inputs and 2 s-video inputs?

2) also do i need to connect s-video cables from the 520 as well as component cables if i plan on running cable tv through the 520?

any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whenever you want HD, you need to use component cables. I don't understand why you want to connect two satellite feeds to your TV. It would seem to make more sense to use one of the inputs for the DVD player, assuming it has component output and one for the satellite. If you need more than two, why not just buy a component TV switch.

Ross

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input rsalinger

the reason i want the tivo sat receiver connected directly to the tv is that i expect i will use it more than the hd receiver. i am thinking now that there is no value add to using the component cables to connect the tivo unit to the tv since most of the programming on directv is output in 480i in any case. the s-video cables should work just as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your right mcnasty

so all i need to do is keep my dvd connected via component cables and connect my hd receiver via component cables to the tv.

my other question was do i still need to connect my hd receiver to the tv via s-video cables as well as component cables since the component outputs on the receiver are not active in the 480i mode. i was planning on connecting my cable input to the receiver as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.