Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I just tried connecting my barco 801s to a focus enhancements cs2 w/sdi video proceeor....

it is all green...i mean i have it connected through the passthrough feeding the components from the scientific atlanta sa8300hd cable box to the cs2 using a component to vga adaptor ...and then from the video processor to the barco 801s using a 5BNC to vga cable...the 5BNC's obviously on the barco side...

Am i missing something??

doing something8 wrong?

has someone done the same and can point me in the right direction?

What is the proper way of connecting these three "devices"?

Thank you all

Martin out

·
Banned
716 Posts
Is the output from your CS2 set to RGB or component? Should be RGB if you're using port 5 on the Barco (801's have a port 5, right? - I've never seen one).

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I am using port 5...

the output from the cs2 uses a vga to bnc cable. and i do think it is rgb...

finaly i connected the cable box and the barco using a svideo cable...untill i sort out whats going on with the cs2...

any help would be appreciated...

thanks

·
Banned
716 Posts
But you don't know that it is RGB? Scalers often use the same output for component and RGB and allow you to specify which you want it to be. I know nothing about the CS2, but I'm guessing that it has this feature and you've mis-set it. If you've set it to component when it ought to be RGB, funny things can happen.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Call up the onscreen menu, go to output settings and see if component or RGB is selected - you can toggle between the two.

Recommend you kick off with XGA (768p) at 60 Hz to get yourself running.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do...

Thank you all for your inputs...

Specially as fast as you came to my aid.

I will try the componenet/rgb suffle once i get home tonight and fire up my barco...

Wil keep you posted...

Also no matter what i do the red color does not seem to converge...blue and green do, but the red is a few milimiter above....now i m wondering (since you seem to have done this crt thing before...) is it possible that the lense assemby is a litte above the others?

and if so how do i fix it,..i mean what is the best way!

Thanks

Martin

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Alison
Call up the onscreen menu, go to output settings and see if component or RGB is selected - you can toggle between the two.

Recommend you kick off with XGA (768p) at 60 Hz to get yourself running.

Im gonna try and set it "correctly" tonight when i get home

thansk again everyone for all you helps and inputs

Martin

I OVE THIS FORUM

IT ROCKS/PEOPLE ROCK

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan halvorson
Is the output from your CS2 set to RGB or component? Should be RGB if you're using port 5 on the Barco (801's have a port 5, right? - I've never seen one).

well i just found out that there is no port 5..i mean if you are talking about the 6bnc input on the back,,it is called a port 2 on the 801s

i am going to try and get the componenet passtrhough thing sorted out...i just have one questions : how do i get the menu coming when i cant see anyting on the video out....since i cant use the infous x1 then switch...(i need a new bulb it went for almost 8k hours!!!)

any input??

thanks

Martin out

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello Martin

I also use a CS2 as my processor and this is connected to a 8500 Marque pj. My connections are as follows:

Source..DVD player (outputting component)

Linked to CS2 using (choices are quite considerable) interlaced in A : R P/r, G/Y, P/b.

Take note of your connections as these are your inputs under the menu options. The CS2 also has a very nice feature in that it will lock onto an incoming signal automatically> I think this is mostly because one could connect up to 9 different sources to the unit.

CS2 to pj is via the "display out" 5 bnc to vga (15 pin).

THose are the coonections

Select menu on CS2 remote. Go to input and make sure that it shows YPrPb A.

Go to output and select the correct resolution. 720p-RGB-EIA-861

Turn on your source and confirm you picture is there. BTW the reason for the all greeeeen picture is the fact that you have selected the wrong resolution.....

Good luck

Mark

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Mark for your input...

It is nice to hear that it does indeed work! (Not that i doubted it...hehe)

I was also thinking of using 720p..but there are a few, i will try the one you mentioned.

Your post was very specific and helpful,just what i needed...

I will do it today and post once i get it to work.

since I'm have already bought a SDI modified denon, I wont be connecting my dvd to the (A) or (B) component input...Instead my SA8300HD will go there...assuming i can't find a way to connect it through DVI to the input on the CS2...but that is later.

Thanks you all for everything

Will post my results...soon

Martin out

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prehjan
Hi folks

I just tried connecting my barco 801s to a focus enhancements cs2 w/sdi video proceeor....

it is all green...i mean i have it connected through the passthrough feeding the components from the scientific atlanta sa8300hd cable box to the cs2 using a component to vga adaptor ...and then from the video processor to the barco 801s using a 5BNC to vga cable...the 5BNC's obviously on the barco side...

Am i missing something??

doing something8 wrong?

has someone done the same and can point me in the right direction?

What is the proper way of connecting these three "devices"?

Thank you all

Martin out
One of us is missing something. :confused:

You say you have your cable box connected to a "component to vga adapter", which I assume you mean a transcoder, is that correct? Then you're feeding the RGBHV output of the transcoder to the CS2 "pass through", right? The output of the CS2 is now passing the RGBHV signal right to the projector and you should have NO PROBLEM.

All the advice above deals with an interlaced component signal, which has no bearing on what you're doing. If you can connect the output of your transcoder (what you refer to as a component to VGA adapter) directly to the projector and it works, then the CS2 should just be passing it through. Just make sure you have the BNC cables connected to the proper connections.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by techman707
One of us is missing something. :confused:

You say you have your cable box connected to a "component to vga adapter", which I assume you mean a transcoder, is that correct? Then you're feeding the RGBHV output of the transcoder to the CS2 "pass through", right? The output of the CS2 is now passing the RGBHV signal right to the projector and you should have NO PROBLEM.

All the advice above deals with an interlaced component signal, which has no bearing on what you're doing. If you can connect the output of your transcoder (what you refer to as a component to VGA adapter) directly to the projector and it works, then the CS2 should just be passing it through. Just make sure you have the BNC cables connected to the proper connections.

thanks folks

oh, the vga to component thingiie that i was refering to was a cable convertor of types that i got from infocus that has vga25 on one side and three wires with componenet on teh other,,,I was using it to input straight from the sa8300hd to the infocus x1 when i still did not have my cs2

I have since realised...that

sorry for my super newbe mistake..since then i have managed to get the CS2 into the "picture" using all of the help that i got from crt nuts and some other people that came ro my aif through this forum...

l since my last post i have gotten the cs2 working properly using the svideo from the sa8300hd to the cs2 and the putput is a 5bnc to the vga "monitor" output on the cs2.

I still have not been able to use the componenet out from the stb to input into the cs2..for some reason it refused to work.

i have also tried the hdmi to the cs2 with the faint hope that maybe by some miracle it would output something...,instead i got the your display wont play our game message..

As far as what resulution and such, i had to make an edited version of the resolution and save it with the " _" in the beggining i named it xxxxxxx

i rinally got a rs232 cable and connected the cs2 to my laptop, it works great but is super bright and takes a while for your eyes to reajuts after making changes to the input output parameters and so on on the cs2....i did have to make it a vga signal and also reverse the v sync and stuff

I m wondering can i use the rs232 from the barco in teh same way? has anyone tried that?

my stb does day that it is outputing a 480P ...but then nothing on the other end..

i m wondering if the i should just leave it the way it is, picture is great...now how muhc of a difference would i see with the componenet working?

I mean i do realise that some of members that are used to seeing 1080P picture would defenatly see the difference, but after all this is a cabel signal...i still need to buy a dvd player and a reciver....

but that is another thread

thanks and i m hoping through all this compnenet will work in my setup.

Martin out

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
I'm not exactly following you, that's why I was surprised that you were using the pass-through with your cable box.

The CS2 can accept component non-interlaced video of almost ANY resolution, so a transcoder isn't necessary. In your case, why would you feed S-video when you can feed component video right up to HD resolution into the CS2 and then output it at ANY resolution you want (including custom resolutions) in RGB right into your Barco.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Martin

I see that you are having problems with the 480p output from your stb. Try connecting your stb output (rgb) to the cs2 using progressive inputs (bnc's). Select menu on cs2 , go to input and ensure that you have "progressive YprPb" You will have to change to this selection from "progressive rgb" otherwise you will only see greeeeen.

Select output under menu options and ensure that you have the correct resolution ( whatever you have set up on your projector) probably 720p-rgb- EIA-.

When changing resolutions you should have those channels with different resolutions stored in the pj under different presets otherwise your picture will be blurring and would look like you need to redo the convergence. I don't reaaly like it that much because for some reason or another my picture looks like it has too much green in it.

Perhaps someone can help me in that regard. In the meantime I will stick to the interlaced mode.

Later

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.