AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy some new speakers for my pc. My budget is $50-$80 i would like to stay around $60. Any ways i am buying used, i just figgered that i could get more bang for my buck if i went with one of these packages used rather then buying pc speakers.

My problem:

I do not know what to look for. I have 7.1 audio jacks and a Sp/dif connection on my motherboard. If i buy one of these systems I want to connect it to my computer. So what if i find one and it does not have a optical input? How do i convert it to work with my pc with true surround sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Their is plenty in my budget. I am not asking you to point me to some speakers. Just how would i connect home audio equipment to a pc. I can get it used. I had a logitech z-5500 I sold them because they wear to loud. I just want a better then normal sounding system. It does not have to have crystal sound just enough.

·
Registered
29,106 Posts

Quote:
My budget is $50-$80 i would like to stay around $60.

Are you looking for a receiver, speakers and subwoofer in this budget? If so, you don't not have enough more if $80 is the top of your budget for a HTIB system. Not a decent one anyway.

Quote:
I am not asking you to point me to some speakers. Just how would i connect home audio equipment to a pc.

If you have an audio/video receiver you could just connect a cable from the spdif port of the PC to the optical or digital coaxial input on the receiver. Its pretty simple once you have the equipment.

If also don't understand your statement that the logitech was too loud? There is a volume control on the logitech system and the PC so you could always turn it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.