AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm overall quite pleased with my A10, but I'm a little less enthusiastic with connecting a PC to it. Mostly due to the inability to get a desktop across the whole thing.

Either I have large bars around the entire image, or on zoom I lose 20 pixels or so around the whole screen.

Also, on my Mac mini, the DVI / HDMI connection doesn't show anything. I went to connect my PC to it, but the power supply appears to be dead.

Has anyone had any success connecting a DVI signal from a PC to the TV? Anyone have any tips on how to get your image across the entire screen at a good resolution (1280X720 or 1280X768)?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Haven't hooked mine up yet, but curious about the bars. If I understand correctly, its like a

inch of black around the screen and no loss. Is that correct? When you zoom, you lose pixels. How big are the "large bars"? Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherrogue
Haven't hooked mine up yet, but curious about the bars. If I understand correctly, its like a

inch of black around the screen and no loss. Is that correct? When you zoom, you lose pixels. How big are the "large bars"? Thanks.
Yes, that is correct. I've got the 42", and it's probably 3/4 of an inch or so. Nothing truly horrible, and certainly usable, but it would be nice if it filled the screen fully.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub99
Yes, that is correct. I've got the 42", and it's probably 3/4 of an inch or so. Nothing truly horrible, and certainly usable, but it would be nice if it filled the screen fully.
And within that section, there is no over/under scan, correct?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherrogue
And within that section, there is no over/under scan, correct?
Yup. I imagine that something like powerstrip would help, but not on my mac mini, and not too sure about my dell laptop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub99
Yup. I imagine that something like powerstrip would help, but not on my mac mini, and not too sure about my dell laptop.
Powerstrip might help, but is it worth it, we're only talking about 3/4 of an inch :D

But I do think it shouldn't be that way, it should take up the whole screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.