AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm obviously new here, and I searched to make sure this hasn't been asked before, I just need some help with setting up my Blu Ray player (I'm not the best with technology, haha)

Ok, so I have a Vizio HDTV and a Philips BDP5010 Blu Ray player. I have tried connecting the player with the HDMI cable and audio cable, but the screen only says "No Signal".

I also tried to connect the player using Component Video, the picture shows up, however it is in black and white and there is no sound.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or have any tips/advice/things I can try? Again, I'm not the most swift with technology. Thanks in advance

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaines90 /forum/post/18164091

Hey there, I'm obviously new here, and I searched to make sure this hasn't been asked before, I just need some help with setting up my Blu Ray player (I'm not the best with technology, haha)

Ok, so I have a Vizio HDTV and a Philips BDP5010 Blu Ray player. I have tried connecting the player with the HDMI cable and audio cable, but the screen only says "No Signal".

I also tried to connect the player using Component Video, the picture shows up, however it is in black and white and there is no sound.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or have any tips/advice/things I can try? Again, I'm not the most swift with technology. Thanks in advance

I would go to the forum where your Vizio is discussed (LCD? Plasma?), find a thread devoted to your model, and ask there.

-Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.