AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm wondering if anyone thinks this is a foolish idea. Since the P500 only has 6 outlets, 4 of which are power regenerating, and I have well over 6 components I need to plug in to this, it would make since to get the Power Director, which will give me an additional 14 outlets, and plug it into the P500 so that I can get the regenerating benefit of it?

Or should I just save myself $1500 and get a PS Audio Juice bar? But by doing that would I lose out on any power conditioning the Power Director would do or would I not have to worry about any additional power conditioning because the P500 takes care of it all?

One last question just pertaining to the PS Audio P500 will it work just fine if a Pioneer 49txi, which the manual says consumes 720 watts, a DVD player that says it consumes 42 watts and a Loewe TV that consumes 185 watts are all running at the same time or will these devices be limited in performance or maybe not work at all because the P500 will only regenerate 500 watts?

I know the P500 has a 1800 watt outlet on it, but the power coming out of those 2 outlets are not regenerated power, so I wouldn't really get much of the benefit of the P500 right?

Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1,840 Posts
How many outlets do you actually need to have? If you don't need an additional 14 outlets, just go with a UO unit or 2. As for your second question, your amp is already drawing too much for the P500. It should probably be on its own UO connected to your wall outlet.

You can also just send an email to the folks at PS Audio. I know they will respond.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.