AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys,

I want to try and connect a CRT TV to my computer, the TV is too old, it only have component-in and RF.. anyways my video card ( 7600gt ) only have 2 DVI outputs.. no s-video.

What are my options here ?

Problem that where I live I can't find a VGA to Component cable.. i can only find s-video to component cables, but my video card have no s-video.

Is there any way to hook up this TV without getting a VGA to component cable ? I thought of TV tuner cards but I think those cards only have *-in holes, no output..

What do you think guys ? I know the TV is really old but it would be cool if I connected it, as it will serve me many stuff.

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Are you sure your TV has component(set of three RCA cables) and not composite(one cable with a yellow RCA connector)?

I don't think getting a transcoder to convert your VGA output to 480i video for your TV or getting a new graphics card with the output you require is worth money since only SD TV or DVDs would look ok and PC desktop applications would be very blurry since older TVs were never made to act as PC monitors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts