AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone wanted to hook Xbox and PS2 up to the same television (TV has only one Component Video input) using component video, is that possible and if so, what cable/device do you suggest?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Go to www.inday.com

I have the Model: RGB4X-R

It works perfectly... no complaints.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd agree with Simon. The JVC JX-S111 is a great, affordable way to hook up multiple connections to a single component TV. The signal degredation is very slight (almost unnoticable), and the price is reasonable (you can find it for under $100 online or about $130-150 retail).

·
Registered
220 Posts
According to the JVC website, it says the JVC JX-S111 has a video frequency response of 10Mhz. The MINIMUM frequency response for HD is 30Mhz. So... that makes the JVC switcher an unacceptable switcher if one wants to use it to switch HD signals.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by buttonmasher
According to the JVC website, it says the JVC JX-S111 has a video frequency response of 10Mhz. The MINIMUM frequency response for HD is 30Mhz. So... that makes the JVC switcher an unacceptable switcher if one wants to use it to switch HD signals.
Since all movies and most games only support 480p (not true HD), that might make sense as to why my games and movies show no signal loss. And trust me, I am eagle eyed..

I was running Metroid Prime in 480p connecting directly to my TV, and when I recently switched to the component switcher, I literally did not notice even a bit of difference.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I use a composite switcher (yes, composite-Yel,Red,White) to switch my component feeds. HDTV-XBOX-DVD & GC all look the same to me. I have tested them direct to the TV & through the switcher & notice no difference.

I bought mine from Best Buys for 13 bucks (on sale). It is made by Pelican.

Do a search on these forums for "component switcher" & you will see that plenty of people use this low cost option & see no difference in PQ.

I do want to update to an auto sensing switch or one with a remote for ease of use.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use a COMPOSITE Switch that I got from Radio Shack (13.00) and I have my XBOX, PS2, and DVD all hooked up via COMPONENT cables and have no problems....... it works great for me to!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I use the JVC JX-S111 to switch all my components, including 1080i HDTV, and have had no problems and notice no signal loss. I investigated this before I bought the unit. Here is a link to the unit I purchased, I think I paid about the same price. The unit is actually sold as an HD switcher. I think they made a mistake on the JVC website, and used the same description as the JX-S100, becuz the picture of the JX-S111 is not correct, it is the same as the pic of the JX-S100. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/letsgodigital/jxs111.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.