AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First of all I am very new to this, so bear with me.

I recently purchased the Dune HD Smart D1 as I wanted to be able to have a device that I could play all of my bluray rips (ISO format) on via my TV.

I have plugged in the Dune to the TV via HDMI (in EXT5 on my TV) as well as having the power connected.

Inside the Dune, I have inserted a SanDisk 16GB memory stick (in the USB port underneath the HDD tray) as well as a 2TB Caviar Green HDD inside the Dune.

Now when I turn my TV on, there is no Dune logo. I have double checked that I am on the correct channel, but still nothing. The Dune HD itself goes....Loading...1...2......3....Ready. That's it, the TV itself remains black.

I assume that I need to have access to the Dune interface in order to format the internally attached storage units, so that I am able to transfer some of my films onto the main 2TB HDD that is housed inside of the Dune HD?

I know that there is something very obvious that I am missing here, so would really appreciate some one explaining in layman's terms as to what I am missing. My TV isn't digital if that helps. It's a 42" Sharp LC-42XD1E

Any help/ advice greatly appreciated,

Richard

·
Registered
2,940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGift73  /t/1418602/connecting-dune-hd-smart-d1-to-tv#post_22188271

Hi,

First of all I am very new to this, so bear with me.

I recently purchased the Dune HD Smart D1 as I wanted to be able to have a device that I could play all of my bluray rips (ISO format) on via my TV.

I have plugged in the Dune to the TV via HDMI (in EXT5 on my TV) as well as having the power connected.

Inside the Dune, I have inserted a SanDisk 16GB memory stick (in the USB port underneath the HDD tray) as well as a 2TB Caviar Green HDD inside the Dune.

Now when I turn my TV on, there is no Dune logo. I have double checked that I am on the correct channel, but still nothing. The Dune HD itself goes....Loading...1...2......3....Ready. That's it, the TV itself remains black.

I assume that I need to have access to the Dune interface in order to format the internally attached storage units, so that I am able to transfer some of my films onto the main 2TB HDD that is housed inside of the Dune HD?

I know that there is something very obvious that I am missing here, so would really appreciate some one explaining in layman's terms as to what I am missing. My TV isn't digital if that helps. It's a 42" Sharp LC-42XD1E

Any help/ advice greatly appreciated,

Richard

It sounds like your TV is on the wrong input for the Dune

1 - 2 of 2 Posts