AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping one of you good guys can help me solve my problem. I'm hooking up a Yamaha S1200 DVD-A/Video player to my Yamaha DSP-A1 integrated amplifier. DVD-A is what I'm concerned about here. Hooked up all analog connections from 5.1 discreet of the amp to the outputs of the player. Went to "External Decoder In" on amp. Shut off everything on the player the manual told me to to get the player to do multi-channel. Here's what's happening:

The amp volume control is completely overridden. I get blasted with one fixed loud volume. Also, when testing the speakers from the multi-speaker pink noise test, I only get the front mains responding. Even the Yamaha techs can't figure this one out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hope someone can help him here....I am in the same boat. I have the Yamaha RXV-3200 and the toshiba 5700 dvd player and I get one volume that is way to loud and no way to turn it down. Anyone???

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BillJo, here is the problem. The cables going into your Yamaha are in the wrong inputs. On my DSP-A1 the correct inputs are on the left side of the rear panel. Look for 5.1 channel inputs labeled "Exterior decoder in" or something similar to that, and use those. You are probably using the inputs located by the pre-outs, which was my mistake. That bypasses the volume controls and goes straight to the amps, rendering the volume control useless. Hope this helps

Cinedave

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cinedave, Thank you for the help. I have lurked on this forum for about 2 years now and never had a problem that I couldn't solve by using the search until this one. God this is a great forum,

thanks again

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget to set your receiver to "Exterior Decoder In". The processing for DVD-A is being taken care of by your dvd player now.

DT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.