AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get my HiPix to display on my RPTV (Mits) using the VGA cable connected to Component video via a Audio Auth transcoder. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

TIA,

Ken Erickson

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Ken,

I have a 2002 Mits 809 series and a Hipix.

Is this an HD model?

What year?

If it's HD, then you do not need the transcoder (I don't use one).

Since I don't have the answer's to my questions above, here is the way I have mine setup.

15 Pin VGA connector goes to the Hipix, connect the 5 RCA cables to the DTV input on the Mits.

Set the Mits's DTV input to YPB and do the same in the setup in the Hipix. Make sure you have 1080i selected.

You can skip the H and V connection (3 wire only) in this mode.

OR

Set the Mit's DTV input to RGB and do the same in the Hipix. Here you need all 5 cables connected.

Joe

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2001. I don't have a VGA to RGB cable. I guess I could go to Fry's and get one on a 30 day no charge rental. I need the component input on the DTV input due the component output of the Mits STB. I'm using a Key Digital switch SW2x1 to switch the component signals from the HiPix and the Mits STB. At the moment, I'm running the output of the transcoder directly into the RPTV and there is no signal according to the DTV input detector because it shuts itself off after 2 minutes with no signal. I'm wondering if I have a dead transcoder (like the dead Key Digital switch I received last week)?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Ken,

I really disliked fooling with those transcoder's. I could never get it to work right on my Panny Direct View 16x9.

Doesn't that transcoder have a switch that needs to be set?

I vaguely recall a post to that effect in the forum - could be (probably am) wrong.

It does sound like a dead transcoder. My 2002 model will put up a message saying it will shut off in 2 minutes if it does not see a signal.

What does the TV say when you push the Info button on the remote? Should say "1080i Standard"

Did you ask on the Mits forum in the ***************?

BTW,

I use a KVM switch to allow me to run my Dish 6000,Hipix,PC VGA out (for playing DVD's from my PC) into that single DTV input.

Joe

·
Registered
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Q
BTW,

I use a KVM switch to allow me to run my Dish 6000,Hipix,PC VGA out (for playing DVD's from my PC) into that single DTV input.
I do the same thing as Joe. My KVM (Omnicube) is also controlled via Pronto/IR using a wireless keyboard. love it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any way you look at it - I'm gonna have to use a transcoder. STB outputs YPrPb only, the HTPC outputs VGA/RGB. I want to use the Key Digital switch SW2x1 to switch both the video & audio (component video only & PCM audio).

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Ken,

I do the same thing with my KVM switch except the audio is controlled via my Yamaha Receiver.

The DISH 6000 and Hipix are set to YPB and the PC Vid card is obviously RGB. I just switch the DTV input via the remote to either RGB or YPB depending upon the source.

I know it sounds wierd but with the right cables, it works. The reason I use YPB for the DISH and the Hipix is that it allows me to use the red push attenuator.

Can you post the URL for that switch you are using. I would like to take a look at it. It may allow the same thing.

Joe

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joe Q,

Quote:
I just switch the DTV input via the remote to either RGB or YPB depending upon the source.
You must not change sources too often! :) I've gone through 2 remotes in the past 2 years that I've had my receiver. I need the audio part of the switch due to lack of additional audio inputs to my receiver. Plus the convenience of switching both the audio and video with a signal control is big factor.

I'm using (or attempting to use) the Key Digital switch KD-SW2x1. The URL is:
http://www.keydigital.com/detail.asp...CT_ID=KD-SW2x1

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Erickson
Joe Q,

You must not change sources too often! :) I've gone through 2 remotes in the past 2 years that I've had my receiver.
The remote is rarely used.

I have a 2 Macro's programmed on my Marantz RC2000 just for this purpose. Simple.

Thanks for the URL. I am going to look into that in a bit.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.